Sunday, July 31, 2011

Free Classes ???? huh???

I am sure many are wondering why I teach "FREE" classes.
First, because I love to teach. Second, It makes me happy to share with someone the opportunity to express his or her once hidden artistic side. Third, it is so much better to share the talents I am blessed with than to make copious amounts of money. I want people to create, to learn so that they can express their creative side.
For over 40 years, I have been wrapping rocks, stones, shells and whatever else I could get my hands on. Over that time, I developed a simple, clean pretty wrap that becomes part of the overall quality of the finished piece of jewelry. I use techniques I developed such as caging and simple two-piece drops to create unique seaglass jewelry like brooches, rings, bracelets and necklaces.
I teach the basics, explaining the supplies and tools required. All you need to add is some time and your own special style. The seaglass class takes from one half hour to 3 hours. Everyone learns at different speeds and I will take the time to make sure you understand the techniques. The class costs $ 8.00 and includes "Real" seaglass from the Outer Banks. Your finished pendant could be worth from $10.00 to $45.00 -maybe more!
The jewelry basics class is just that; the professional basics of how to design, string and craft a quality piece of jewelry. Choose from a selection of over 800 types of beads, which we have on hand.
I love vintage beads. My personal bead collection was started when I was 10 years old, and 43 years later I am still collecting! In 2004 I purchased an amazing selection of the coolest, funest colors ever, all made in Germany in the 1930's or earlier and brought to the U.S. by a family who went to all the old closed(because of the war) bead and button factories and saved them.
Try a watercolor basics class, $15.00 for supplies or an acrylic class for $20.00. Found Colony also offers basic drawing, pastels, charcoal, pen & ink to name a few! Love to sew? Wish you knew how to sew? Take the basic sewing class or the advanced quilting class or come in and make your own mini quilt art! With a wide selection of things to learn, we can keep you creative and challenged for your entire vacation- and beyond!
There are so many other classes you can try your hands at and many times it is one on one unless you bring a group with you...These all have affordble fees that make them easy on the pocketbook and glorious on the heart when you see what you can create.

Fabric Postcards-Fabric Art you create and send through the mail

Art Quilts-wallhangings , made by creating images with pieces of fabric sewn to a background and then quilted.

Art Doll-wrapped armature bodies and sewn heads, come together with your imagination and soul to create a 3-D image of your dreams and thoughts.

Victorian Embroidery- learn the ways of victorian ribbon roses and embroidery stitches from the golden days of ladies arts.

Artist Trading Cards - 2 1/2 inch by 3 inch pieces of art that are traded for free by artists all over the world...they are imaginative, sometimes funky little pocket gallery size art.

These are just some of the things we teach....ever wanted to know how to make a collectable fully jointed Teddy Bear  I can teach you my simplfied time tested methods that make the process easier and yes fun so after 6 hours you can leave with a one of a kind teddy made by you and the knowledge to do it again and again.

Check out my etsy shop under my Fairy Godmother Arts Name...you will find many pieces of my work for sale there....http://www.etsy.com/shop/FairyGodmotherArts?ref=si_shop
You will see what we are all about ,,,,,thank you.
 the link below takes you to a news article written about Found Colony and our goals....

http://outerbanksvoice.com/business/

No comments:

Post a Comment