Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art Quilts and Fabric Art Classes

I have loved fabrics since I can remember but have worked with them to create art since I was 10 years.  Over 40 years now,  I have created collector teddy bears from mohair, to art quilts to fabric postcards , the last two are my passion. I have many techniques and ways to do things that make creating fun and sometimes simpler, one technique I developed called  "PAS" Poor Artist silkscreen lends a ethereal feeling to your art.

There is a 12 week curriculum from basics to advanced, in Art Quilting and Fabric Art that you can sign up for or you can take one particular session, available at the new Found Colony Art School.    We also have over 30 other classes we offer on a walkin basis 6 days a week.

email us for more information
at Foundcolonyartschool@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a website that describes your classes & with your class fees? I'd like to take a class or two but need more information/details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura

    We are still getting our website up and running and I have the basis of the price list but it is not formally prepared. As it says in the blog there are free classes just pay for supplies, the other 30 plus classes will be listed in the next couple of days. but theystart at 15.00 and go to 100.00 depending on the technique. I would say most classes are 45.00 for 3 hours of instruction mostly one on one and the 3 hours is not set in stone. You can also come and use the school for hourly rent, to create your art so you can have access to sewing machines, tools, etc.

    creatively yours

    Lorri

    ReplyDelete